Friday, September 21, 2018

Photo essay unit UTAS Family History

I recently completed another unit in the Diploma of Family History run by the University of Tasmania (UTAS). This one was Photo Essay all about Storytelling through photography: go deeper than a single image.

My final assignment consisted of several images telling a story about my father's life in the Canadian Army during World War Two.

I'll try to reproduce it here. This is the first image with caption below. I'll post the others over several days

Captain Bede James Smith Image 1

My father, Bede James Smith, was on board ship, headed for Canada when the war broke out in 1939. He planned to take a postgraduate course in dentistry, before returning to Australia. But he fell in love with Marg, a Toronto girl, and stayed on, enlisting with the Canadian Army.

No comments:

Post a Comment